Saturday, May 7, 2011

3 Scrappy Boys NSD blog hop!!

Well, it's here! That celebrated day all year! National Scrapbook Day! In honor of it, 3 Scrappy Boys is having their very first BLOG HOP!

As a new design team member...here's a little about me: My name is Jennie and I'm a stay at home mom to 3 boys {9, 8, and 3} in Southern California. I've been scrapping since 2001 and I'm also a part time photographer (www.jmcgarveyphotography.com). I LOVE 3 Scrappy Boys and it's the first kit club I stalked or ordered from.

Here's my NSD challenge to you: create a card from scraps and stamps. ONLY. Okay, maybe you can throw a little something else in there, too. The point is that I like to make cards, but I rarely do. I look at all of the gorgeous cards out there and I love them...but my sensibilities won't let me make them with all of the embellishments and pain staking techniques. I want to send beautiful cards but I don't want to spend copious amounts of time or money on them. So, thus the challenge was born. To make a lovely card with scraps and stamps. How did I do?

I used my May Trio Kit and whipped this up. I didn't cut any full sheets of paper and I only added the shipping tag (which, shipping tags are very inexpensive!)

The challenge: make a card like this with only scraps and stamps. Link it up in the comments (you must be a follower to participate) and I will choose one participant to win a sampler pack of twine (from the Twinery!) and shipping tags (a couple sizes and a few different colors)! Then, head back over to the 3 Scrappy Boys blog!

Happy NSD and win that May kit, courtesy of 3 Scrappy Boys!!

5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with cards, it is hard to me to give away , when they have so much embellies. This is a great challenge. Hope to upload one pretty soon. TFS! Yara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one and really need to do it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Jennie! Posted mine on 3SB! :)

    ReplyDelete